Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Write up

The Following is something I did when I was waiting for my connecting flight in Chicago.. Idle mind Sure is my workshop ;)

Never imagined that I'd be doing this, 'Writing' something to pass away time. Just wondering how all of these happened... Could it be due to blogsphere where I hava a couple of friend who read whatever I type (including typos) ? or could it be due to the one hour flight delay that made me pick up a pen & paper (print out of the the e-ticket) & write something off?

I'd rather say that this piece of writing is to test how much can I write extemporaneously. I'm not sure that I will type this & put in the blog & if you are reding this in my blog, you can be sure of what I was unsure of.

A similar test was administered to me by myself more than a year ago. That was the time people said Da Vinci Code was the great novel. I was testing myself whether I can read a novel becasuse I have never read one till then. I used to read magazines, comics etx but not full novels. I must admit Da Vinci code was sure a captivating book. I knew the entire story but still was a good read.

Today ( Apr 21) I happened to complete the latest Reader's digest & also the Time magazine's cover story story about Opus Dei. This was about the movie Da Vinci Code & its impact on Opus Dei. Full text of the story can be obtained from the time magazine website .. Coincidentally I'm testing my writing ability.

Finally decided to stop writing (1.5 pages). Happy to know that indeed I can write & also my handwriting is still pathetic.

Footnotes:
* The most used word in this write up is I ( Am i an egoist?)
* There are no Smileys & Tanglish words!!

10 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha ...not an egoist..more like an egotistical maniac... ;)

wow..no tanglish words..that must be the achievement of the year..

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Sujay said...

wow ! what a post.. very much like ur talking da... matter-a illama 1.5 page ezhudeeruke !

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

well, Da Vinci Code was something tat i read after a long time, say abt 4 yrs after I quit readin novels n sure it was captivating!! now waitin for the movie....

n btw, u sure can write well extempore!!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Arun said...

@Sandai - Tankoo.. Me honoured with the achivement of the year

@Sujay - Naan maarave illia da :D

@Kutti - Romba Tanks..The novel was captivating. Hopefuly the movie should also be like the same.

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

velai vetti ilena ena vena ezhuthalam...hehehehehe

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Marutham said...

//That was the time people said Da Vinci Code was the great novel. I was testing myself whether I can read a novel becasuse I have never read one till then. I used to read magazines, comics etx but not full novels.// Naanum appadiyae ! Anaal idhu varai i haven't read DVC!! Will soon read... And you have not used any Tanglish words for which u deserve a special applause! Enn blog'la i think i use quite a lot of Tanglish :D Aayinum amudha thamizhil ezhudhuvadhan sugamey veru!!
Great blogging! Why no recent post??
Keep it up...
Regards,
Marutham

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Arvind said...

machan eppada oorukku varre? Ippo ellam onlinela pakkavae mudiyalae?

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Arun said...

@Bhamini: Am kind of wierd in my religious belief :-) Angels & Demons is much better than Da Vinci Code,rest of Dan Brown is OK.. I guess i found a new Novelist in you

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger sowmya said...

hi,
gud...no tonguelish in ur blog..so gr8..keep it up

 
At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog when I googled on 'tonguelish.' I just completed a blog with that word in it and wondered if others spelled it that way as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home