Tuesday, September 05, 2006

ID card !

Last week I went to Spencer's daily ( Erstwhile Food world) in Spencer's & was lookin for somethin. Ther was a gal there wearing a blue coloured tag. I just walked to her & asked he "Could you let me know where the Soaps Section is?" She gave me a look that I could not understand & being the tamil magan I asked" Soap section enge irukudhu?" She glared at me & thats when it struck me that she's come for Shoppin. I apologised & made a move on to search for the soap section.I didn't mean to offend the gal, but when I asked her for the first time she could atleast have said I don't work here rather than glaring at me.

Nowadays IDs is a must in every place. I've got ID card @ home that says Arun- 2nd Son Age-23 In Case of Emergency: Shout or go look in the fridge. I don't understand why people wear their ID cards outside thier work place. The first thing I do is remove the thing & put it in my bag. More often people wear their ID cards outside the work place which creates confusions for laymen like me.

Next time u look @ the card with ur name & pic on it make sure you are @ the place where it is supposed to be & not end up being embarassed by ignorant folks like me :-)

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger EarthlyTraveler said...

LOL!Arun!is this true or did you try to "soap"that girl?Tell me the truth.JK---SKM

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Arun said...

Nope didn't even try to soap that gal.. Just wonderin could have tried :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home